How Long After Dermaplaning Can I Wear Makeup often touted for its ability to address issues like scars and uneven skin texture, may seem like another skincare trend with unrealistic promises. However, it’s endorsed by skincare professionals and is proven to be one of the most effective methods for brightening dull skin. At Backstage Salon & Spa in Rowley, MA, we also believe it serves as an excellent preparation for smoother makeup application and enhanced product absorption. Let’s answer your burning question: “How long after dermaplaning can I wear makeup?”
Dermaplaning is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that involves using a medical-grade surgical blade to gently glide across your face at a 45-degree angle. Its goal is to remove peach fuzz (vellus hair) and exfoliate the skin’s top layer. This process is highly beneficial, as exfoliation is often considered the key to flawless skin.
By eliminating the top layer of skin, dermaplaning encourages the emergence of fresh and healthy underlying skin cells. This provides you with a vibrant, radiant complexion reminiscent of youth. When dead cells linger on your face, they contribute to various issues, including breakouts, a lackluster complexion, and the appearance of more noticeable lines and wrinkles. The advantages of removing these cells encompass:
- A brighter complexion
- A more even skin tone
- Diminished acne scars
- Fewer lines and wrinkles
Makeup Application Post-Dermaplaning
Makeup application after a dermaplaning session may feel like a dream. It’s akin to using the softest and most velvety primer available. This effect occurs due to the removal of barriers. Peach fuzz typically interferes with smooth makeup application by covering the skin’s surface. Consequently, your foundation and other products sit on this fine hair rather than your skin, resulting in a matte and cakey appearance.
Without peach fuzz, your makeup glides effortlessly across your skin, adhering the way you desire without clinging to dry skin patches caused by dead cells.
Enhanced Product Absorption
One of the foremost benefits of dermaplaning, as acknowledged by skincare professionals, is its ability to facilitate deeper product absorption. On a typical day, your skin does not absorb 100% of the skincare products you apply. As a result, the serums and moisturizers you diligently use may not deliver their full benefits.
Dermaplaning not only aids makeup absorption but also augments the absorption of your skincare products. Now, substances like hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, and other vital nutrients can effectively penetrate your skin and get to work. This can be as advantageous as the dermaplaning treatment itself, showcasing the dual benefits it provides.
Read More : How Much Is Cosmetic Bonding
Now that we’ve discussed post-treatment makeup application in detail, let’s delve into some additional guidelines for various stages of dermaplaning treatment:
- Days Leading Up to Your Session:
- Seven days before your session, avoid waxing the treatment area.
- Three days prior, discontinue the use of topical products containing common anti-aging and acne-fighting ingredients, including retinols and retinoids, glycolic acid, salicylic acid, and alpha hydroxy acid.
- Refrain from waxing, bleaching, or tweezing any facial area during this timeframe.
- Minimize sun exposure, wear daily broad-spectrum sunscreen, and use a gentle, non-comedogenic cleanser.
- The Day of and After Treatment:
- Arrive for your session with a clean face, devoid of makeup, creams, or topical products.
- Following treatment, avoid most topical products for approximately 72 hours.
- Limit your product usage to a mild cleanser, gentle moisturizer, and sunscreen.
- Although you can wear makeup during this period, abstaining may further enhance your results.
- Refrain from direct sun exposure, extreme heat, exfoliants, and chlorine.
Read More : How Long After Microneedling Can I Wear Makeup
Before considering dermaplaning as a simple razor-based treatment, it’s essential to understand that it involves the use of a medical-grade surgical blade skillfully handled by a qualified practitioner. It’s a chemical-free exfoliation method that promotes new skin cell growth, improves circulation, and enhances skin health. The flush of embarrassment, for instance, sends a clear message about our emotions at that moment.
Cell turnover plays a crucial role in skin renewal. It replaces dead cells with healthy ones, maintaining the skin’s function and youthful appearance. However, for some individuals, cell turnover becomes compromised, leaving dead cells to accumulate on the skin’s surface. Dermaplaning, particularly, helps expedite cell turnover, aligning with the body’s natural processes.
All Your Questions Answered
Treatments involving hair removal often give rise to misconceptions. In the case of dermaplaning, individuals sometimes worry that their peach fuzz (vellus hair) will grow back thicker or darker. Rest assured, this is not the case; your facial hair will continue to grow with the same color, speed, and texture as before. The fine nature of peach fuzz ensures you won’t experience the sharp bristles associated with shaving other body areas.
Will Your Skin Look Better?
- Yes, undoubtedly. Your skin will appear smoother, brighter, and healthier without the layer of hair growth that can obscure your complexion and trap dirt and oils.
Will You Be More Sun-Sensitive?
- Yes, sun protection becomes even more vital after dermaplaning. Freshly exposed skin cells are more susceptible to damage and irritation, making proper sun protection crucial.
Does the Treatment Cause Discomfort?
- Most patients describe the treatment as a soothing, light-fingered massage. However, it is essential to note that this procedure should not be attempted at home. Using a blade on your face without knowledge of the correct pressure and motions can be painful and potentially harmful to your skin.
Do Results Manifest Instantly?
- For some patients, the full benefits may take 48 to 72 hours to materialize. Quick results include improved skin texture, a radiant glow, and an exceptionally smooth feel. After a couple of days, you will also notice fewer scars, diminished wrinkles, and overall enhanced skin health.
The Easy Path to Improved Skin
Dermaplaning offers a straightforward and rapid approach to visible results. It is low-risk and effectively exfoliates while removing unwanted facial hair, ultimately rejuvenating your skin’s appearance. To learn more about this classic therapy, contact Backstage Salon & Spa in Rowley, MA, today.